Problems with an Elantech (Synaptics) Touchpad

Anthony Jenkins scoobi_doo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 18:55:55 UTC 2015

You didn't say exactly what the problem is with your touchpad...

You're missing the Xorg.0.log file; that will be the most helpful.

I'm preparing to submit some patches to ports x11-server/xorg-server, x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse and x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics to allow devd(8) and the X server to use the Synaptics driver on FreeBSD... just gotta clean up some debug statements.

Anthony Jenkins