[Call for testers] DRM device-independent code update to Linux 3.8

Anders Bolt-Evensen andersbo87 at icloud.com
Mon Feb 23 09:22:21 UTC 2015

Oops, forgot to send the reply to the thread, so I'm sending it again:

On 22/02/15 10:53, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> On 20.02.2015 15:49, Anders Bolt-Evensen wrote:
>> To avoid unnecessary conflicts, I decided to remove local sources and
>> redownload the newest sources from FreeBSD's svn repository. When I then
>> applied the patch, it seemed to be more successful, but on 22 occations
>> the patch still fails (...)
> Hi!
>
> Hmm, I guess it is because of all the non-expanded $FreeBSD$ in my
> patch... Can you try with "svn patch"?
>
> If it doesn't work either, I recommend you check out the Git branch:
> git clone -b kms-drm-update-38 https://github.com/dumbbell/freebsd.git
>
> For the next tests, you will only have to update that checkout.
>
> If it is too much to download, I prepared an archive with all files in
> sys/dev/drm2 and the relevant Makefiles in sys/modules:
> https://people.freebsd.org/~dumbbell/graphics/drm-update-38.h.tar.gz

Doing the "svn patch patchfile" worked just fine.
Thanks for the tip.
I'll test it on both a CMS/BIOS based hard drive and a UEFI based hard
drive (though I don't expect Radeon KMS to work on the EFI partitioned
hard drive, since it hasn't worked in the past, but I'll give it a try).