Problems installing kde4

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Wed Sep 3 02:12:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:36:12 -0400
polinsky <alan.polinsky at gmail.com> wrote:

oh, it seems that our ancestors have been neighbours.

> I have installed FreeBSD 10 on one computer in my house for
> experimentation, and decided to try to install kde4. When I was up to
> kde_workspace, I ran into a problem during the compilation of libEGL,
> I believe. It said I needed libdrm>=2.4.24, but none seems to be

It is in the ports tree. It should be in /usr/local/lib.

> available. To the best of my knowledge I have the latest ports

Did you install KDE from the ports?

> available on my computer. Perhaps I mis-answered the configuration
> with one of the earlier requirements. I am including the log of the

This can always happen. Just remove the configuration and start again
with make.

> error log; I initially had a list of all packages on my system but
> the submission was rejected as too large. It can be sent to anyone on

Problems like this are most likely caused by some simple things. The
logs are only needed when it becomes more complicated.

> request. Perhaps you can help. I should mention that I am not too
> familiar with FreeBSD, but I did retire a few months ago as a

Good hint.

> programmer. This would be my first BSD machine with the rest in the

We all started at some point.

> house various distributions of Linux: Slackware, Centos, and Debian.
> I would like this FreeBSD 10 machine to replace my Slackware 14.1

Good idea.

Erich