Feedback: HASWELL, i915, DRM Driver

Yass Amed zagazaw2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 04:46:49 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I'm reporting about my experience with Xorg on Haswell hardware. I can
bring up XFCE4 but I am unable to generate debug files {dmesg, pciconf,
devinfo, pkg info, xorg.conf} for submission due to:

1) XFCE4 is very slow, choppy, freezes every click for ~35 seconds, and
black blocks appear and disappear if I'm able to move the mouse (suspect
it's OpenGL).
2) If I switch to console (tty) using CTRL+ALT+F#, the screen is
extremely dim almost no visibility (adjusting monitor brightness have no
effect).

Here are some information about the machine:

CPU: Intel i7-4790K
GPU: Intel HD4600 - Haswell
OS: 10.0-STABLE
ARCH: amd64