radeonkms issues following packages upgrade

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 19 17:47:48 UTC 2014

On 18.10.2014 07:37, Grant D. Watson via freebsd-x11 wrote:
> I've attached the output of the commands requested on the wiki. The
> one thing that jumps out is the 0MB VRAM in dmesg. (I have an MSI
> Radeon R9 270X with 4GB video RAM.)

I fear that this GPU is too recent to be correctly supported. You could
try Ubuntu 13.04 which contains the same kernel driver to confirm that
if you want.

We need an update to the Radeon driver for your card, but it's blocked
by other items on the roadmap (DRM device-independent code update mainly).

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron