DRI not working, AMD E 300 with Radeon HD 6310

Felix Palmen felix at palmen-it.de
Thu Nov 20 09:32:51 UTC 2014

Am 20.11.2014 09:03, schrieb Felix Palmen:
> So it /probably/ was just a kernel bug. Trying now to rebuild r274708 without
> debugging options, like I had before:

Got it sorted out now. It has nothing to do with debugging options and
didn't change between the revisions of head I tested, but, simple as
that: It breaks when loading the modules from loader instead of having
them auto-loaded when starting X.

I had exactly those firmware modules in loader.conf that are
auto-loaded, before the line loading radeonkms itself (no idea whether
this actually matters, but the example in the wiki looks like that).
With that configuration, I'm getting the "ring 3 test failed".

I removed all radeonkms lines from loader.conf and now DRI works just fine.

--
  Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix at palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
  {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de