RADEON 7560D works

Toms Bergmanis ditf.robins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:49:53 UTC 2014

Hi.

Here's my report about my Radeon 7560D working on AMD APU A8-5600K.
Since i'm running FreeBSD -CURRENT (r263873) everything works quite well
including vt(9) switching back and forth.

Because installing everything from ports is time consuming i decided to
install everything using pkg tool (if i understood correctly in CURRENT
packages are built with the necessary flags for new KMS drivers).

For now everything works except acceleration (libGL error: failed to
load driver: r600). No problem handling 1080p x264 videos, cpu fan
doesn't need to be working on 100% (this happened on 10.0-RELEASE
without the new drivers). Unfortunately there are some times when my
screen freezes (see last lines in xorg.log) - music keeps playing, mouse
still works, but everything else is completely frozen.

xorg.conf >> http://slexy.org/view/s21omNr7nw
xorg.log >> http://slexy.org/view/s218KNus7G
pkg info >> http://slexy.org/view/s234yVdceg
dmesg >> http://slexy.org/view/s2nKtNSuKP
pciconf >> http://slexy.org/view/s2XXPOZsJY
devinfo >> http://slexy.org/view/s21Y3qP9cT
glxgears >>  http://slexy.org/view/s21A8jtPDa
sysctl >> http://slexy.org/view/s21xreDKYf
loader >> http://slexy.org/view/s2GmYgPxC4

A few weeks ago i installed 10.0-RELEASE and installed everything from
ports (like mentioned in wiki) and the OpenGL stuff worked quite well.
And i didn't have any errors in Xorg.log file.