ATI graphics card on FreeBSD10: Xorg -configure fails (No DRICreatePCIBusID symbol)

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 21 07:00:03 UTC 2014

--
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired

Regarding WITH_GALLIUM, how would you design such parameters for an installation that could run on a wide variety of computers?

This could be for USB drive or live CD, or even eSATA or SATA drive that could run from a hard-drive dock.

That being said, there might be difficulty in designing a one-size-fits-all installation.

For instance, on OpenBSD Live USB, from liveusb-openbsd.sourceforge.net, X doesn't start at all.  I could try tweaking xorg.conf as I did successfully with NetBSD-current amd64.

But PC-BSD somehow does it?  I haven't tried PC-BSD.

Tom