Radeon driver on HD-7660D - ok so far

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 12 14:50:26 UTC 2014

On 12.02.2014 14:39, Graham Bradley wrote:
> hello Jean-Sébastien

Hi Graham!

And thank you very much for the report :)

> The transient ripple on filling big rectangles is visible.

What do you mean by that? Do you have unexpected rectangles from time to
time on your screen? If yes, do they disappear when that part of the
screen is redrawn? In this case, you should try the update to
graphics/cairo, as explained in the following mail:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2014-January/014003.html

> Can't find a "gears" port to try.

If you're looking for glxgears & friends, the port is called
graphics/mesa-demos.

> Have not tried 11-head version. Is that the only location for the newcons fix?

Yes.

> If you are interested to suggest other tests, or more details needed, I'll try.

The information you provided is enough, thank you :) I'll add your card
to the tested hardware on the wiki.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron