[Call for testers] Update to xorg-server 1.14

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Tue Dec 9 18:30:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-09, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried "service moused restart"? (Must be run a root, of course.)

Why would I?  I can move the pointer, I can select text in xterm.
Everything that moused is involved with--pointer movements and
button clicks--works fine.  The problem is somewhere at the X11
level.  It may depend on some specific interaction with the window
manager, and since I seem to be the last person on the planet to
run mwm... :-(

(Besides, as I mentioned before, moused is started by devd.  I have
no rc.conf configuration for it.)

BTW, running xlock when the focus is stuck produces this error:
xlock, could not grab pointer! (1)

I've been trying this as I type this message since the focus is
stuck again.  I'm starting to wonder whether there is a 24h pattern,
not that that would make any sense.

Okay, I've found a way to unstick the focus: switch to a different
VT and back.  That's a viable workaround.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de