Question about OpenGL Version on ATI Radeon HD 4850 using KMS

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Mon Apr 28 14:48:05 UTC 2014

On 25.04.2014 17:36, Werner Lehmann wrote:
> I guess that means that you cannot enable this by default in future
> dri-packages, but what about if it can be enabled as an option in the
> port and this possibility is pointed out in UPDATING?

There's an improved graphics/dri port in the Graphics team development
ports tree which offers an option to set --enable-texture-float. We're
currently discussing the default state of this option (this option is
enabled in binary package from other Linux distributions, such as Debian
or Fedora).

> I must say, I find it really important to have maximum
> OpenGL-support

I agree :)

> I put the USB-Stick in my old Notebook with a Mobility Radeon X700, and
> although
> OpenGL was reported to be 2.1 there, the performance of Darkplaces was
> above 60 fps!

Maybe the game enabled more features with your HD 4850 compared to your
X700, and this caused a drop in FPS? I don't know :)

Thank you for the report!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron