Slow window movement and refresh after suspend/resume

Andrew Klaus andrewklaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 00:07:51 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue after I suspend/resume on my laptop running the
i915kms driver on 10-BETA1.

When I first launch X and run it, everything appears to run smoothly -
namely window dragging and desktop switching.  Once I acpi S3
suspend/resume, the desktop comes back and then everything seems to refresh
slowly (like dragging windows and switching desktops).  It reminds me of
the VESA driver back when I had to use it.

This is happening on both XFCE 4.10, as well as fluxbox using the new Xorg
and latest xf86-video-intel driver from ports.

Looking at my Xorg log, this is all I can really see out of the ordinary
during the suspend/resume process:

[  5267.968] (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
[  5267.968] (WW) intel(0): drmDropMaster failed: Unknown error: -22
[  5270.987] (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit batch buffer, expect rendering
corruption: Device busy.
 (II) AIGLX: Resuming AIGLX clients after VT switch
[  5277.835] (II) intel(0): EDID vendor "CMO", prod id 5218

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew