Radeon UMS and NEW_XORG

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 16 09:27:03 UTC 2013

On 12.05.2013 21:03, shrike wrote:
> Hi everyone, it is my first post!

Hello and welcome!

> Okay, I Have the exact same problem except that I do not understand the
> problem. What exactly does this mean:
> ########
>> Is the drm option active on the port graphics/libdrm? It needs to be off.
>
> You mean the KMS option? Setting that to off did the trick! Thanks!
> ##########
>
> What is "port graphics/libdrm"? Is this in xorg.conf or some other file or
> something else entirely?

The "graphics/libdrm" port is the source-based package of libdrm on FreeBSD.

To uncheck the KMS option and rebuild the port, you need to login as
"root" and go into the port's directory:
    cd /usr/ports/graphics/libdrm

From there, you can display and select all available options:
    make config

A dialog will appear, showing the list of options. Here, only one
option, "KMS", which should look like this:
    [ ] KMS  Enable experimental KMS support

If the option is enabled, there will be a '*' or 'x' inside the square
brackets. In this case, just hit the Space bar to unselect it and hit
Enter to close the dialog.

Now, you need to rebuild and reinstall libdrm:
    make all deinstall reinstall clean

I hope this helps!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron