Status of ATI video acceleration support?

Sergey Jamy jamy023 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 08:34:52 UTC 2013

> >With the help of Konstantin Belousov, J.R. Oldroyd and several testers,
> >I'm working on the port of the kernel-side driver from Linux to FreeBSD.

Why are you clonning linux? Why we can't leave most code in user space? For
what me kernel panic from the error in yours "kms"? What license of code
which you porting from linux? Whether there can be conflicts of licenses?
Maybe we can make daemon which will in-between layer from driver to xorg,
but he will be work in USER SPACE?  I think there is no need to hurry up so,
we now have a working graphical environment, if there is a wish to 3d
acceleration - so go to the linux or windows.