New AMD drm code

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Fri May 3 15:51:59 UTC 2013

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in the response, I was busy with other activities
for the past three weeks.

On 24.04.2013 17:28, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> I'm happy to report that my EDID problems are gone, and an quick initial
> test of the r600 gallium driver shows:

Great!

> OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
> OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
> OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.5
> OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
>
> It took some editing of the graphics/dri port to even get it to try and
> build the r600 gallium driver, and then I had to get the build to
> include /usr/src/contrib/ofed/include/infiniband/byteswap.h.

Yes, those are known issues from Mesa and the port. However, Mesa 8.0.5
may be too old for many Radeon cards unfortunately, including yours. I'm
working on a patch to make Mesa Git build on FreeBSD. I'll post it on
the wiki once it's finished.

> I haven't had a chance to test anything else (as I'm not in front of
> that computer at the moment), but it's looking good so far.

You don't need to test further, it won't work: the driver has a locking
issue. OpenGL applications get stuck and are unkillable. Other
applications still work though.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron