Help debugging xfig lockup?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Fri Jun 14 18:39:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 04:13:52PM +0200, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> The last few frames look just like what somebody reported
> back in 2005(!):
>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2005-September/002206.html

The expression "The more things change, the more they stay the same"
comes to mind....

> In NetBSD's GNATS there is a PR for this issue and it includes a
> proposed fix, perhaps this solves the problems:
>   http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=32445

It did not apply cleaning -- patch rejected it.  So I applied it by
hand, rebuilt, and reinstalled, and... xfig works now!  :-)

Thomas -- shall I go ahead and file the PR, or did you want the ...
honor?  (I'll be happy to credit you with the find, if you'd rather I
filed the PR.)

I really like happy endings.... :-)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Taliban: Evil men with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.