libXrender 0.9.7_1 fails to build on CURRENT

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 5 22:13:57 UTC 2013

Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org> writes:

> On 06/05/13 23:42, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> This is r250676 with clang on amd64.
>>
>> checking if cc supports -errwarn=E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN -errwarn=E_NO_IMPLICIT_DECL_ALLOWED... eval: ${xorg_cv_cc_flag__errwarn_E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN ...}: Bad substitution
>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>
>> Do you need config.log?
>
> Really strange error, dunno if I've ever seen anything like it before...
> Can you try to run this not in parallel, since the output seems
> interleaved?  Also, please send config.log.

The output is not interleaved, but I did manage to find what was causing
the error here.

I have `LDFLAGS:= -stdlib=libc++' in /etc/make.conf, and that does not
seem to play well with libXrender's configure.ac passing
-Werror=unused-command-line-argument to the compilers it launches.