CFT for cairo 1.12

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 17:34:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:50:45 +0100
Koop Mast <kwm at rainbow-runner.nl> wrote:

> When replying please only reply to freebsd-x11@, freebsd-ports@ is only
> used to get this a bigger audience.
>
> Greetings!
>
> This is a weird call for testers.
>
> So in our quest for push Xorg on FreeBSD further, we are looking for
> people to test cairo 1.12 primarily with the old Xorg stack. We know
> that the graphics with the 2.7.1 intel driver are horribly broken (lots
> of artifacts) so people don't need to test that, but what is the state
> of the other xorg video drivers with cairo 1.12? If problems arise after
> the update, a screenshot and details about installed ports and your
> hardware should be enough.
>
> While this CFT is focused on the non-WITH_NEW_XORG that should not stop
> people that are using WITH_NEW_XORG from trying it out. The Intel/Radeon
> KMS drivers shouldn't have any problem with cairo 1.12.
>
> To apply the patch do the following:
> Download the patch from [1].
> cd /usr/ports
> patch -p0 < /path/to/cairo-1.12.16.diff
> rebuild cairo
>
> We are also interested if people are still using 8.x for there desktop.
> Is there a specific reason for not updating to 9.x or 10.x?

I tested this on a system running HEAD with a rather old install of
X11 - definitely non-WITH_NEW_XORG.

I use a Nvidia card with the driver from Nvidia.

I tested using vlc, xine, mplayer and some HTML rendering plugin
for claws-mail which supposedly all require cairo.

Didn't see any problems.

--
Gary Jennejohn