New AMD drm code

Adam K Kirchhoff akirchhoff135014 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 24 15:28:32 UTC 2013

On 3/17/2013 6:32 PM, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> Le 17/03/2013 23:22, Adam K Kirchhoff a écrit :
>> Well I'm happy to say that X works for me.  It starts up, DRI is
>> enabled.  Sadly, I only have one functional monitor, according to
>> xrandr, and even that one doesn't report the full 1600x900 resolution
>> that it supports.  xrandr maxes out at 1024x768.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> I saw this morning on https://wiki.freebsd.org/AMD_GPU that "EDID is now
>> read properly so the correct resolution is used by X.Org."  So I made
>> sure to pull the latest code on the kms-radeon branch from
>> https://github.com/dumbbell/freebsd today and updated the kernel before
>> reporting this here.
>
> Hi Adam!
>
> First, thanks for testing this!
>
> The EDID fix isn't committed yet, because it affects the i915kms
> driver too and I still need to adapt it (or rework the fix).

I'm happy to report that my EDID problems are gone, and an quick initial
test of the r600 gallium driver shows:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

It took some editing of the graphics/dri port to even get it to try and
build the r600 gallium driver, and then I had to get the build to
include /usr/src/contrib/ofed/include/infiniband/byteswap.h.  I haven't
had a chance to test anything else (as I'm not in front of that computer
at the moment), but it's looking good so far.

Adam