Python dependency for libxcb

Benedict Reuschling bcr at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 12 20:47:53 UTC 2012

Hello Grzegorz and X11-Team!

I was trying to switch from mplayer to mplayer2 today. During the install,
it always failed with the error that libxcb needed python version at most
2.7. I had a higher version of python installed, so it would check for
that and fail.

I increased the python version in both Makefiles for multimedia/mplayer2
and x11/libxcb to 3.2 and was then able to compile mplayer2 without any
further problems. I've attached the diffs to them for your review.

I don't know whether this will break other ports, but maybe someone should
review the python requirements for libxcb. Anyway, I'm using mplayer2 now.
:-)

Regards and keep up the good work!

Benedict Reuschling
bcr at FreeBSD.org