WITH_NEW_XORG=yes -- failure

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Nov 6 06:18:05 UTC 2012

In message <50989FFD.4070403 at gmail.com>,
matt <sendtomatt at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 11/05/12 21:19, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>>
>> Cannot X run ``two headed''? (I really thought that it could, but
>> perhaps I was mistaken.)
>
>It can, but it needs two heads (devices + screens) to do so...thus the
>failure. So I guess we can say X does not like to configure
>partially-decapitated two headed mode :)

It would appear so.  At least *now*.

Previously, with this exact same hardware setup, X never complained AT ALL.
Ever.  (And I've been using this for several years, over multiple revs of
X, on both FreeBSD and Linux.)

So this is rather a step backwards.  I think that it is fair to call it
a regression.

(The best rule of programming is to expect the unexpected.)

And now for a bit of sick humor...

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/krail969/DecapitatedBabe.png

Regards,
rfg