X Server 1.7.7 does not recognise BusID

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:02:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Unga <unga888 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

I'm afraid that nVidia has publicly stated that they will not be
providing support for "Optimus" in their open-source drivers. There is
an effort underway to reverse-engineer the "Optimus" hybrid stuff and
write a driver for X, but I would not hold my breath.

The big issue is that, while Optimus uses the GPUs that are supported
in their binary blobs, the "Optimus" implementation uses the frame
buffers in the Intel graphics, so is quite different to actually use
or program for.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com