GPU_KMS still not working for me since merge

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 18:39:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Konstantin Belousov
<kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 09:17:01AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Konstantin Belousov
>> <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Verify that i915kms is loaded. If it is not, investigate why.
>>
>> There is nothing of relevance in dmesg. But kldstat makes the problem
>> very clear.. After 'startx', I see i915.ko has been loaded along with drm.ko.
>> No i915kms.ko nor the i2c stuff that used to be pulled in.
>>
>> When I was running the pre-merge KMS code from back in late April, there
>> was no i915kms.ko...only i915.ko.
>>
>> Is there something I need to do to cause the correct module to load?
>> I don't have any Xorg.conf file and never have had for this laptop.
> Recent ddx Intel driver from ports loads right module automatically.

What is "recent ddx Intel driver"? I did re-build the xf86-video-intel
driver and, but I don't see any "ddx" reference.

In any case, I deleted the i915.ko and linked (hard) i915kms.ko to
i915.ko and X now starts correctly. Not really
an ideal solution, but it does work for the moment.

Thanks for looking at this.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com