What still requires HAL?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Sun Jun 10 15:29:37 UTC 2012

(CC'ing the list again)

Chris Rees <crees at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Warner Losh (imp@) has repeatedly offered to write a compat leyer for
> udev-- have you talked with him about it?

No, I haven't. I've seen his offers in several different places, and I
appreciate them, but I can't help much with it at the moment (I don't
even know what kind of compatibility between releases udev is supposed
to offer, and it has been merged into systemd itself some time ago).

> I'll help as part of a joint effort between kde@ and xfce at -- at the
> moment xfce is severely hampered by the lack of autodetection of stuff
> etc....

That's excellent! By the way, this might be something good to discuss in
the freebsd-desktop mailing list.