libxcb 1.8

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Thu Jan 26 05:28:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:34:20 -0800
Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:17:30 +0100
> > Sebastian Chmielewski <chmiels at o2.pl> wrote:

> >> I have the same issue. Rebuilding libxcb, xcb-util didn't help.
> >
> > I experienced the same roughly a week ago, and reported it on the
> > xorg mailing list (xorg at lists.x.org).  Reverting to 1.7 was
> > absolutely necessary.  I considered for a while upgrading every
> > port that depended on libxcb, but according to pkg_info, that came
> > out to be roughly 750+ packages(!).  No thank you.  :-)
>
> pkg_info may list 750+ ports, but that includes both build depends
> (which really need to be re-built) and run-time depends which just
> link to the .so and don't. Install sysutils/bsdadminscripts and use
> 'pkg_libchk -o' to get a list of the ports that REALLY need
> rebuilding. It's probably only a dozen or less as libxcb is typically
> only used by linking to the .so.

Thanks!  I just *knew* there had to be a way to do that, but it just
wasn't coming to me.

Much obliged.  :-)

I'm finding now that the biggest problem I'm having is all these ports
that depend on xcb-util, due to the removal of libxcb-{atom,aux,event}.*

I'm currently rebuilding a whole slew of things after having
sed-replaced all references to these in /usr/local/lib/*.la with
libxcb-util.  Making progress.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net