AMD E-350

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Mar 14 16:21:01 UTC 2011

John Hein wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much choice when
 > > building a low-noise and low-power surf box for the living
 > > room based on FreeBSD.  Atom boards run (mostly), but they
 > > don't have HDMI output with full HD support.  AMD E-350 is
 > > not supported by FreeBSD, as you wrote above ...  Not much
 > > left ...
 >
 > http://www.armkits.com/product/vss3530.asp
 >
 > Might be a bit of a porting effort, but I seem to recall some
 > traffic about that platform on arm@

Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer something that is
i386-compatible.  First, I don't want to spend significant
amount of time for porting.  Second, as far as I know, all
those ARM-based boards are significantly slower than even
an old Atom N330.  And third, I suspect that several of
the programs that I want to use on that box wouldn't run
on FreeBSD/arm, including my favourite browser (Opera,
including Flash support).

Best regards
   Oliver

 > Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
 > advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
        -- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh