xf86-video-ati with patch-src-radeon_driver.c freeze the system

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Mar 1 22:44:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Roland Smith wrote:

>> Yet the HD4650 has worked every time...
>
> Question is, does it work without the patch in the ports tree?

Just switched back, and yes, it's fine.  Same values, too: mem_size
20000000, aper_size 0.

BusType, either the xorg.conf setting or the kind of bus that's really
in the machine, may be important.  That's why I've mentioned PCIE.  If
you have AGP, that could be a factor.  Certainly if you have a physical
bus that doesn't match what's set in xorg.conf, that's not good.