Graphic card that works?

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Thu Jun 30 11:24:57 UTC 2011

Le Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:34:42 -0400,
Adam K Kirchhoff <akirchhoff135014 at comcast.net> a écrit :

> > Personally, I'd like to hear more about the OP's issues with his
> > current nvidia card, what it doesn't work on and why, and try to
> > resolve that instead.

8.2-STABLE/i386

The problem is random locks and a very reproductible freeze when
watching a video (with Mplayer by example) via the Xvideo extension of
X. For xvideo, a work-around is to disabled it in Xorg (so it will be
not used). Yes I've tried to disable the composite extension.

I haven't found any solution for random locks (one or two per day).

> Less cost, less drama, less 'graphics holy war'.

I didn't want to start a holy war :) I'm just looking for a solution.

> In fact, if you really want to help folks get their nvidia drivers
> working properly, how about assisting those people actually asking
> for help:
>
> http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=aa9baf83d399b80bdb32f911b12f9b58&t=160859
I'm not alone :)

I will fill a PR in the Nvidia bugzilla.

Regards.