Graphic card that works?

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:20:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 22:13 +0200, Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you tell me a graphic card (pci express) that will work fine
> on FreeBSD? (If i can use a dual screen it will be better).
>
> I'm using a Nvidia 460 but my box is stable as a Windows3.1 :(
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards.

Nvidia GTX 460 works perfectly fine on FreeBSD and same goes for any
modern/supported Nvidia hardware (which is basically all of them, save
for some brain-dead stuff like Nvidia Optimus).

Your stability issues are most probably caused by something else, or at
least something more specific than simple combination of Nvidia 460 and
FreeBSD.

m.

--
Michal Varga,