x11/nvidia-driver incompatible with portmaster?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 5 23:59:38 UTC 2011

On 7/5/11, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote:
> I also would have in pkg-list:
>
> @exec cd the-dir; rm -f libglx.so; if [ -f libglx-nvidia.so ]; then ln
> -s libglx-nvidia.so libglx.so; elif [ -f libglx-xorg.so ]; then ln -s
> libglx-xorg.so libglx.so; fi
>
> and exactly the same script for @unexec, and in post-install in each
> Makefile, and for libGL.so and libglx.la, in every one of the affected
> ports.  This way there would be uniformity, and only one logic to
> understand.

Alright, I will retain the automatic management of the symlinks, and
tweak it to make it a bit more foolproof along the lines that you
suggest, and then submit the revised patch as a PR. However, libglx.la
will continue to remain the property of the xorg-server port, and will
not be handled in the same way.

b.