Graphic card that works?

Allen Unix.Hacker at comcast.net
Fri Jul 1 00:17:35 UTC 2011

On 6/30/2011 2:34 PM, Michal Varga wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 20:09, Adam K Kirchhoff
> <akirchhoff135014 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I love how you say you're not going into an ATI flameware again, and then
>> you spend the entire paragraph trying to start one.
>>
>> Adam
>

> In which i single-handedly succeeded, even without trying, if that is
> the only part of my email that forced you to fire up a reply. But
> you're clearly not an ATI fanboy, aren't you.

Yea I noticed that too. And entire reply where you basically broke down
each option someone has if they aren't using Windows, or, to some
extent, even OS X (though not as far there) and I thought it was pretty
decent. I'm not going by some marketing campaign, nor am I going by what
someone told me; When I made my very first reply to this discussion, I
was Honest, and went with my OWN Experiences in this area. And to this
day, I've yet to have an Nvidia card that didn't work.

You and I can't be the only people who just don't seem to have these
issues, and for someone to reply time after time, where they basically
snipped out your post and only left the part that talked about flaming,
that's not looking so good.

I can't imagine why someone would put that much effort into ignoring
page upon page of your post only to respond to the last part of it.
Totally ignoring that you basically wrote a 4 page HOWTO for Graphics
cards.

Now, the VERY first machine I ever bought, has an Nvidia TNT2 with 16
MBs Memory. That's the very first Computer I ever bought and it was over
10 years ago. The video card still worked until last week when it
finally went. Over a Decade of use, heavy use, and it was still working.
I had 3D with it and played Games, watched movies, everything. No
problems at all.

My Laptop, I paid extra to get an Nvidia Ge Force FX GO 5200. Again, no
issues, and full 3D to play games. The only "issue" if you can even call
it one, was when I read I needed a different version of the Driver since
it was an OLD card, and that was basically me clicking on a different
spot when I went to Nvidia's Site to download drivers.

That was like 15 seconds, and I had good Video. The ATI cards in this
House, remain without that. The Driver doesn't come close, and I don't
even bother anymore.