Radeon scrolling problem

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 14 23:23:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

On two systems with different hardware (Radeon HD 2600 and 3600) with
AIGLX enabled I often get glitches while scrolling in Firefox and
OpenOffice.org. The problem manifests in scrolling simply "not working"
- as if the application thinks it has scrolled a region but the old
image remains. Usually, I have to trigger some kind of redraw (resize
window, scroll to beginning/end of the document or web page) to see the
region I want to see.

The xorg.conf doesn't contain anything unusual. In both cases it is
autogenerated by X.Org configuration, with the following lines
added/changed:

in ServerLayout:
        Option      "AIGLX" "On"

in Monitor:
        Option      "DPMS"

in Device:
        Option     "RenderAccel" "yes"          # [<bool>]
        Option     "AccelMethod"       "EXA"    # <str>
        Option     "DRI"                        # [<bool>]

("Driver" is "radeon").

Any suggestions on how to fix scrolling?