Fw: Deignoring ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel29

Daniel Bilik daniel.bilik at neosystem.cz
Tue Oct 19 23:45:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:19:10 -0400
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> I'm interested in trying this out here. Did you have to do any fiddling
> with the source to get it to compile? I've downloaded it via the link
> you provided, and ./autogen.sh fails when I try to generate the
> configure scripts:

Yes, it really wasn't as straightforward as just "to compile it in place of
original port". Sorry for a little misleading info. It's been couple of
weeks now and these "unimportant" details vanished from my story. But I've
just refreshed it by repeating whole process step by step. Things I had to
do:

- update xorg-macros to 1.8 (simple patch attached)
- update libdrm to 2.4.21 (patch also attached, has to be made
  WITHOUT_NOUVEAU)
- install devel/autoconf268
- install devel/automake111
- install devel/libtool22
- install x11/xf86driproto
- install x11/glproto
- at this point autogen.sh from the legacy driver tarball should succeed
- and make should produce intel_drv.so

> If you have your original distfile for this legacy source, that would
> work as well.

Well, previously I got the modified port installed with some manual
intervention (compiling here, moving there, installing as root...). But
now, while repeating that not-so-straightforward process, I've made it a
"true" port, so that others get it simpler. It's here:

http://neosystem.cz/freebsd/xf86-video-intel-legacy.tar.gz

Just unwrap it to ports/x11-drivers/ and "make install" there (with
already updated xorg-macros and libdrm, and source tarball
xf86-video-intel-legacy.tar.bz2 - the one from Chris Wilson - placed in
ports/distfiles/xorg/drivers/).

--
						Daniel Bilik
						neosystem.cz