FreeBSD Port: xf86-video-ati-6.13.0 update to 6.13.2?

Sergey G Nasonov snasonov at bcc.ru
Mon Oct 4 08:07:07 UTC 2010

On Thursday 30 September 2010 05:08:50 Jimmie James wrote:

> >> Have compared it and some settings tested, but doesn't help.
>
> > Well, there are the standard tricks.  Disable composite, maybe disable acceleration even though it should work.
> >
> > The card works in other operating systems, right?
>
> I also have the same issue, and updated this ati driver.
>
> pciconf:
> ATI RADEON X300/X550/X1050 Series (RV370)
> dmesg |grep vga:
> vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0x9800-0x98ff mem
> 0xd8000000-0xdfffffff,0xffa20000-0xffa2ffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci1
> drm0: <ATI Radeon RV370 X300 SE> on vgapci0
> vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
> vgapci1: <VGA-compatible display> mem 0xffa30000-0xffa3ffff at device
> 0.1 on pci1
> vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
>
> http://pastebin.com/pvgj9NLt xorg.conf  (with ati commented out, using
> vesa at the moment)
> http://pastebin.com/ZpJgbLpi Xorg.log.0
> http://i.imgur.com/S1aCb.png  screen and font corruption while using the
> ATI driver, which happens at all resolutions and depths.
>
> The previous version of Xorg worked perfectly with this card/setup. and
> there's no evidence using any liveCD with an ATI driver.
>
> P.S Sorry if I missed anyone on the C.C.

At home I have PC with FBSD 8 Stable. Video card is ATI HD 5750. This card worked fine only with vesa driver. After release ATI driver 6.13.2 I tried this and get screen corruption. For me it was some progress because older version ati drivers (6.13.0. and 6.13.1) led to lockup at X start. These screen corruptions was resolved after mesa upgrade to version 7.8.2. Currently mesa version in ports is 7.4.4. So maybe there is benefit for upgrade mesa version in ports to latest. All whats need for upgrade mesa is just modify Makefiles. I am tested only this card (HD 5750) and dont know how latest mesa verison will work with another video cards.

PS Sorry for my english.
Thanks.

--
Best Regards,