xorg-server 1.7.7

Alexey Shuvaev shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Nov 8 15:52:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 05:11:41PM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 08/11/2010 17:03 Alexey Shuvaev said the following:
> > On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 11:22:37AM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> >>
> >> Can we update xorg-server to 1.7.7, the latest version on 1.7 branch?
> >> It looks like that would require only changing the version
> >> and regenerating the
> >> checksums.
> >>
> > Seems to be not so trivial. Look at this thread:
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2010-May/061141.html
> >
> > Since miwi@ and rnoland@ seem to be busy at moment there is a need for
> > the maintainer of ALL of the xorg-* ports (and not only the single ones,
> > like xorg-server, etc.). Someone with enough time, motivation (hardware,
> > programming foo in this area...)
>
> Oh, forgot a need to simply bump port revisions of all xorg driver ports.
> That's perhaps a little bit laborious, but doesn't require any special skills.
> Or did you have something else in mind?

Well, I'm successfully running xorg-server-1.7.7 since May without
doing anything else to other xorg-related ports:

xorg-server-1.7.7,1                 >   succeeds index (index has 1.7.5,1)

but it could be just a matter of luck :)

I mean this (from rnolad):
"I have an update to 1.7.7 queued up in my tree along with an updated
pixman.  It is a little tedious as all of the server based ports need to
be updated and drivers need PORTREVISION bumps.  I'll try and get it
committed in the next couple of days though."

He mentions update (not just PORTREVISION bump) of pixman and other
server-based ports. I have some vague insight into what he means,
but I'd say it should be done by a person more familiar (than me) with xorg
infrastucture with all its interdependencies.

Alexey.