[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 17:47:27 UTC 2010

Update

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Gary Jennejohn
<gary.jennejohn at freenet.de>wrote:

> Well, I don't know whether this is really relevant, but I noticed that
> xfce4-session actually depends on dbus-glib and not dbus.  It might be
> necessary to reinstall dbus-glib with DBUS_DISABLE_CHECKS set.
>
> This is easily done by modifying devel/dbus-glib/Makefile to set
> --enable-checks=no at line 320.

Ok, I tried that too. Sadly, it had no effect. xfce4-session core dumps as
before with this option set for dbus-glib. Yes, I restarted dbus after
reinstalling this port.

> Of course, this is just a hack and doesn't fix the real problem and we're
> probably all getting tired of this thread :)

Possibly, but I'm willing to try a few suggestions more.
It would be nice if it worked.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen