[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 15 22:02:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 22:40 +0100, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >    Could you compile xfce4-session with -g and attach gdb to it as
> > it's starting up to get a backtrace please?
>

> So I am guessing that running gdb on the core file I already have (from
> xfce4-session) isn't of any use?
> I'll have to figure out how to compil with -g and how to "attach gdb" then.

"make -DWITH_DEBUG all deinstall reinstall"

works in most cases.  If your existing core doesn't have symbols, then
no it won't offer much insight.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>