[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 19:35:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually it's:
>
> Section "Screen"
> # ...
>      Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "false"
>      Option "RenderAccel" "false"
> # ...
>
> Section "Extensions"
> # ...
>      Option "Composite" "disable"
>      Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "false"
> # ...

Ok, done that. (testing with 'vesa' driver). As before, 'startx' works,
'startxfce4' doesn't. Same results as my normal user and as root.
>From /var/log/Xorg.0.log I can see this:
(**) Extension "Composite" is disabled
(WW) Ignoring unrecognized extension "AllowGLXWithComposite"
[...]
(==) AIGLX disabled
(II) Loading extension GLX
[...]
(WW) VESA(0): Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" is not used
(WW) VESA(0): Option "RenderAccel" is not used

I don't know if tjose messages are important or not.

>    But getting back to basics, maybe you should try starting up X
> with twm to see whether or not the whole setup is broken.

Well, as reported earlier, 'startx' works.

> Then you'll
> be able to run glxgears and some xfce4 apps to determine whether or
> not opengl is broken or xfce4 is busted somewhere along the way.

Ok, back to a basic xorg.conf, using the 'vesa' driver, no special settings
exccept setting my keyboard language layout to norwegian.
Doing startx, then testing a few things.
xvinfo - reports "no adaptors present"
xdriinfo - reports extension "XFree86-DRI" missing..., not direct rendering
capable
glxgears - runs and reports 90+ FPS

I still don't know why Xfce refuses to run.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen