Still getting hangs with Xorg 7.5

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Jun 3 18:07:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, David Johnson wrote:

> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> I also have explicit
>> Option       "AccelMethod" "EXA"
>> in Device section.
>> Not sure if that is a default now or has to be enabled.
>
> The manpage said it was the default, and the xorg log shows it's on. But I
> can add that bad just to be sure.

Oddly enough, my Xorg.0.log looked the same thing with and without.
But without, a buildworld in an xterm was showing Xorg taking 20% of CPU
and noticeably slowing the machine, which it usually does not.  I'm
guessing this was antialiasing characters, but it may have just been
the scrolling.

Uncommenting Option "AccelMethod" "EXA" restored it to its old faster
self.