Help needed : FreeBSD 8.1 / xorg / xf86-video-intel / dell400

Henri-Pierre Charles hpcharles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:37:12 UTC 2010

Hello Adam, thanks for your reply

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Szilveszter Adam <sziszi at bsd.hu> wrote:
> 1) It seems you are trying to use a multi-monitor config (with Screen1
> commented out.) You say one of these is the LCD of the laptop. What is
> the other? Are you testing with the LCD only? (It seems so from the log,
> but doesn't hurt to be sure)

Yes, my laptop have an LCD panel and a VGA output. In my test I've
tried to test only the LCD output.

> 2) The video ram found by vesa(4) is very low (mine finds 8000kB):
> (II) VESA(0): Total Memory: 13 64KB banks (832kB)
> It would be useful to try to investigate why. (Do you have agp activated
> in your kernel? I do, although of course vesa provides no acceleration
> in that area.)

Yes, AGP is activated (I use a GENERIC kernel) :
d400:~/>dmesg|grep agp
agp0: <Intel 8285xM (85xGM GMCH) SVGA controller> on vgapci0
agp0: detected 892k stolen memory
agp0: aperture size is 128M

Yes it seem pretty small. Could it be a bug somewhere ?

> 3) This is interesting:
> (II) VESA(0): Attempting to use 85Hz refresh for mode "640x480" (111)
> Is this Hz value correct for the display you are testing with? My LCD
> says 60 Hz.

Which seem strange because I did'nt write this freq. in my xorg.conf

It seem that xorg did'nt care of the "Modes" or VertRefresh, ... I put
in my xorg.conf

HPC

--
HPC   http://ticetmensonges.blog.free.fr