DRI problems with ati/radeon on stable/7 r203425

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 10 15:15:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 07:06 -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 08:56:45AM -0600, Robert Noland wrote:
> > Right, it sounds like the other person is having interrupt issues.  Does
> > moving the mouse / touchpad have any impact?
>
> Well, trying to doesn't appear to have any effect; it doesn't move,
> regardless.
>
> > Or, possibly disabling msi? (adding hw.drm.msi=0 to loader.conf)
>
> Well, I don't know what msi is, so I hadn't tried that.  I will try it
> after the daily builds are finished -- probably 3 - 4 hours from now.

MSI is "Message Signaled Interrupt" and is enabled by default for any
card that reports that it is capable (except for intel 945, which is
borked).  When drm loads it will tell you if it is using msi or not.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD