DRI problems with ati/radeon on stable/7 r203425

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Feb 8 18:42:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 11:29:44AM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> >And the xdm login banner finally showed up; I'd estimate that was around
> >20 minutes of idle time before that happened.
>
> Does it behave differently if you disable xdm in /etc/ttys and manually
> startx?

Dunno; I haven't used startx (or xinit) in ... a decade or so....  :-}

Mind, at least using the X.org built under stable/6, the symptoms were
pretty variable: sometimes it would behave Just Fine; others, the only
thing I could do with the keyboard is Alt+Ctl+Esc & type "reset" blind.
(Though it now appears as if perhaps had I been willing to wait for 10s
of minutes, it might have eventually responded.)

I can try it after I finally finish the ports-building....

> Oh, and you should probably have Option "AccelMethod" "EXA" in the
> driver section of xorg.conf.

Oh?  Hmmm; thanks...  I'll look into that.....

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.