ports/148712: [UPDATE] x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati to v6.13.1

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 28 15:15:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 08:32:06 -0600
John Hein <jhein at symmetricom.com> wrote:

> Gary Jennejohn wrote at 14:08 +0200 on Aug 28, 2010:
>  > On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:35:22 +0300
>  > Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
>  > > Do you have libdrm installed?
>  >
>  > Yes - /var/db/pkg/libdrm-2.4.12 - which seems to be slightly out of
>  > date.
>
> If you want a newer version of libdrm (and Mesa), define WITHOUT_NOUVEAU.
> See the 20100207 entry in ports/UPDATING or look at libdrm/Makefile.

Yeah, I already reinstalled libdrm with WITHOUT_NOUVEAU set.

The problem in my case seems to be that configure from xf86-video-ati
is looking for /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/libdrm_radeon.pc as a
prerequisite for defining XF86DRM_MODE.  But the libdrm port doesn't
install it, even though it is present in the sources.

I tried simply copying libdrm_radeon.pc to the right place, but then
compiling xf86-video-ati produces lots of new errors, probably because
other files are missing.

IMO all this doesn't change the fact that there's a bug in r6xx_accel.c -
it uses a variable which is declared inside of an #ifdef outside of the
#ifdef.

--
Gary Jennejohn