ports/148652: x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel support for HM55

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Tue Aug 10 15:50:05 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/148652; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com>
To: Mars G Miro <spry at anarchy.in.the.ph>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/148652: x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel support for HM55
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:47:07 -0700

 --XMCwj5IQnwKtuyBG

 Quoth Mars G Miro on Tuesday, 10 August 2010:
 > +1 for this.
 >=20
 > I have an Asus K52J series laptop w/ an HM55 Ironlake chipset.
 >=20
 > Is it supposedly the intel driver for this? Because I don't see it at
 > http://intellinuxgraphics.org/user.html .
 >=20
 > Is the driver development w/ intel now? Because, aside from the
 > sticker that says Nvidia GeForce 310M, I can see that there is a
 > driver for it at
 > http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x64-256.44-driver.html . I'm
 > currently delving into the xorg configuration, no luck so far. I'm on
 > 8.1-RELEASE/amd64.
 >=20
 >=20

 If yours has an NVIDIA sticker, then I'd give the nvidia driver a try.
 What does 'pciconf -vl | grep vga' show?

 In my ASUS notebook, the graphics is Intel Integrated HD and the pciconf
 -vl gives a PCIID for vgapci0 that matches the HM55 (0x00468086), so I thin=
 k the
 intel driver will need to support HM55 for this to work.  I'm still
 patiently using vesa.

 --=20
 Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
 http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips=