radeonhd fail on pd-bsd

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat Nov 21 18:13:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, John Widenoja wrote:

> While I was able to make this computer install radeonhd successfully using
> freebsd 7.2 after a couple of weeks of trying and reading different stuff, I
> am unable to make this same computer work with radeonhd using pc-bsd 7.2.
>
> ********************
>
> checking for gcc... (cached) cc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking dependency style of cc... (cached) gcc3
> CWARNFLAGS+= -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement: not found
> checking for cpp... /usr/bin/cpp
> checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -undef... yes
> checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -traditional... yes
> checking whether to use XCB... (cached) yes
                           ^^^
> ./configure: 12276: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Based on that, and the libxcb-1.2 you show later on, I'd guess wildly
outdated ports and missing /usr/ports/UPDATING 20090123:

   AFFECTS: users of x11/libxcb
   AUTHOR: flz at FreeBSD.org

   Libxcb shared library version was bumped from 1 to 2.  You need to
   rebuild any consumer of libxcb.so.1 or some applications will be
   linked against two versions of libxcb once libX11 is upgraded.

   For portupgrade users:

         # portupgrade -rf libxcb