Problem with xorg & 8.0-RC2

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Fri Nov 13 16:38:38 UTC 2009

Hi all,

A while back, there was a problem with running moused and xorg at the same
time. Basically, the system would have problems with opening the mouse device
twice and you'd have a situation where xevents wouldn't occur until the mouse
was moved. (Example: typing in an xterm the text wouldn't appear until you
moved the mouse.)

That problem was solved. However, I just upgraded my workstation to 8.0-RC2,
and I've found the same sort of behaviour. Killing the moused appears to fix
it.

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing behaviour like this?

Cheers,
DMK