Swedish Macbook keyboard with Xorg

nocturnal swehack at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:07:08 UTC 2009

I just recently installed FreeBSD 7.1 on my Macbook and installed whatever
Xorg distrobution was in packages.

I've tried using macbook79 and pc104 as keyboard layout in Xorg but none of
them seem to have support for the right alt key. I've also tried various
options for the right alt key in xorg.conf that i've found online.

Is it possible to xmodmap the right alt key so it can be used as an option
key for my special chartacters such as \ and |, these characters on a
swedish keyboard require you to press alt+shift+7 or alt+7.

I've been told xmodmap should be able to do this and will look into the
manual today while at work but i can't do anything until i get home. All
i've done so far in xmodmap is disable caps lock, but if it's in the manual
then i'll just read that.

Thank you in advance for any information.

--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[SWEHACK] http://swehack.se