x11/libX11 port

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu Mar 12 09:18:14 PDT 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 04:34:03 am plopsml at free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the output I had doing a "make deinstall && make reinstall" on
> /usr/ports/x11/libX11 (up to date). Easy to solve, but you have to check
> the ports dependancies.
>
> --- snip ---
> checking for X11... configure: error: Package requirements (xextproto
> xtrans xcb >= 1.1.92) were not met:
>
> Requested 'xcb >= 1.1.92' but version of XCB is 1.1.90.1

This is a sign that your port tree is seriously out of date. On 23 Jan 2009,
the following was added to ports/UPDATING

20090123:
  AFFECTS: users of x11/libxcb
  AUTHOR: flz at FreeBSD.org

  Libxcb shared library version was bumped from 1 to 2.  You need to
  rebuild any consumer of libxcb.so.1 or some applications will be
  linked against two versions of libxcb once libX11 is upgraded.

  For portupgrade users:

    # portupgrade -rf libxcb

That would have updated libxcb ( 1.1.93) and everything that used it. Libxcb
is currently at version 1.2. When I do a dependancy list on libxcb, I have
172 ports that would have been force built using portupgrade.

Kent

--
kent Stewart
Richland, WA