Radeon DRIVER

Wed Mar 11 19:20:10 PDT 2009

Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Have all the above already. Build is broken.
>
> After just getting DRI working on my RV620, I might suggest using the
> x11-drivers/xf86-video-radeonhd-devel port instead.  Seems to work
> well here, and builds without a hitch of course. :)
>

> Regards,
> Aragon

Thank you! That gave me a vital clue. I looked at the Makefile for that
port as I could see that the configure script for the port was finding
PCIUTILS fine, but the configure script for the driver in git wasnt. The
Makefile defines some variables, and I was able to get the driver to
build by doing the following:

[root at desktop ~/xf86-video-radeonhd]# export
PCIUTILS_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -lpci -lz"
[root at desktop ~/xf86-video-radeonhd]# export
PCIUTILS_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib"

Now to install the driver and test.. I'll get back to the list with the
results.