Radeon DRIVER

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Mon Mar 9 13:23:51 PDT 2009

Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
>> On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 16:33 +0200, Aragon Gouveia wrote:
>>> Patch output is pasted below.  The unsuccessful hunk in radeon_cp.c I
>>> wedged in by hand.  In a few hours I hope to report on the results of
>>> upgrading to Xorg 7.4 and latest radeonhd-devel.  Running Xorg 7.3
>>> and video-ati-6.9.0 at the moment.
>>>

>> On -STABLE you also need the "Move vblank_init to load time" patch
>> first.  That will make the patch fail on the i915 driver, but if you
>> aren't using that one, it should be ok, as long as it compiles.  I'll
>> merge all of this within a couple of weeks.
>
> I'll grab the vblank patch before going further with the Xorg and
> radeonhd upgrade.  Thanks!

I have applied both kernel patches, recompiled, rebooted, upgraded to
Xorg 7.4, upgraded to radeonhd-devel from ports.  The kernel is still
seeing my card:

vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0x2000-0x20ff mem
0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xe0200000-0xe020ffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci1
drm0: <ATI Radeon HD 3450> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080528

Enabling DRI and Exa in xorg.conf causes my display to go blank during X
startup and I'm left with no other way out except hitting my power
button and shutting down.

Enabling Exa with DRI disabled is wildly slow.

Leaving both disabled works fine, but no Xv. :)

Please let me know if I can provide more info to debug this.

Thanks,
Aragon